Throbbing or sharp pain, or obvious swelling of the mouth means it’s time to contact your dental professional. If you experience a dental emergency, be sure to call our practice as soon as possible. If you need immediate attention after hours, call our emergency phone number and our on-call staff member will help you. If you are unable to reach our office during an emergency, dial 911.
Our emergency dentist serving Gurnee is here to help you, any time, any day. When your dental health is at risk, we will do everything we can to make sure that you're treated as soon as possible. While dental emergencies are rare, they can happen, and it's important to know how to take care of your teeth no matter what.
We know that it isn’t common to see dental emergencies, but some that our dentists have helped treat include:
- Broken or cracked tooth/teeth: If a piece of the tooth’s chewing surface breaks off, you have a fractured cusp that can only be fixed by a dentist.
- Broken jaw: This is one of the more common facial injuries that can happen from a car accident, accidental fall, or playing high-contact sports.
- Permanent tooth knocked out: If you’ve knocked out a permanent tooth, make sure you contact us immediately. It’s possible that we can save and reattach the tooth or find a different solution to restore your smile.
- Object caught between teeth: Many times, a toothbrush or floss will be able to get rid of the object. However, if nothing is working, contact us and we will be able to dislodge it.
- Severe toothache: Toothaches can occur from biting into something hard, flossing, or even getting something stuck in between your teeth or braces.
Don’t Ignore Emergencies
Even if you aren’t sure that you are suffering from a dental emergency, you should still contact us if you have any oral pain. We will be able to figure out if it’s worth coming into the office or if we can help you over the phone.
Contact Excellence In Dentistry
We aim to create one smile at a time that is custom to your needs and wants. However, if your smile is altered due to a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to contact your dentist serving Gurnee today. You can reach us at 847.244.4000, and we will be sure to give you a diagnosis as quick as we can.