Using the most advanced dental technology possible is just as important as staying up-to-date on the latest treatment techniques. Because our family dentist serving Gurnee is dedicated to providing you with the safest and most convenient treatment options available, we utilize advanced digital X-ray technology in our office.
About Digital X-Rays
Digital X-rays provide several advanced imaging options designed to save time, provide clearer dental photos, and expose patients to less radiation than traditional X-ray technology. Instead of having to wait for your X-ray images to process as you do with the traditional dental X-rays, the digital X-ray has a digital sensor that is electronic and connected to a computer. This means that once the X-ray is taken, the digital image will be projected on a screen for both you and your dentist to view immediately.
There are many benefits of utilizing digital X-rays versus your traditional X-ray technology. Some benefits to consider include:
- Less Radiation: Digital X-rays are known to use up to 90 percent less radiation than film X-rays, making them relatively safe and a better choice for those who need more frequent X-rays.
- Shorter Dental Appointment: The digital technology is instant, meaning you can see the image right after it’s taken on a computer screen. There is no wait time for the image to develop, leading to a shorter dentist visit.
- Higher Quality Images: Once transferred to a computer, digital X-rays can be enlarged or magnified for a better visual of a tooth’s structure. Your dentist is also able to change the brightness and contrast of an image if they need to search for smaller cavities.
- Easy Record Transfers: Digital images can be emailed to dental specialists for immediate reviews if need be. Emailing digital X-rays saves time instead of copying and mailing the traditional X-rays. Electronic patient charts make transferring dental records quick and easy.
- Environmentally Friendly: Did you know that digital X-rays are better for the environment? This is because it’s digital radiography, so no chemicals are used to develop the film. You also do not need a darkroom or a place to store film because everything goes straight to the computer.
Contact Us Today
If you are ready to book your bi-yearly appointment, contact our family dentist serving Gurnee today and we will help find a time that’s convenient for you. Our practice is focused on making your dental experience as comfortable as possible. At your next appointment, we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have, especially those regarding X-rays.